Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's Arrived!!

Ah, to be woken up in the middle of the night to the sound of tiny droplets of freezing rain hitting the window, like a car being sand blasted before a fresh coat of paint is applied. Only roused for a second mind you, and I really didn't have time to compute the sound in my sleep heavy brain.

But then the morning arrived, and the deep voice of early day reminded me, "there's a ton of snow outside so be careful." Actually, there is no deep voice of early day, it was just my husband indicating how the day would begin. But, now that I think of it, Early Day would make a great actor or famous person name ... I will file that away for later.

Anyway, I rolled out of bed and hobbled to the window to witness this:



The first signs of winter... oh yes, it's coming, the snow has reared it's ugly, yet strangely beautiful, head and now we're well on our way to a typical Southern Ontario winter. Slow drives, icy roads, copious amounts of snow and bitter cold. On the bonus, I got to try out my new boots. Got to look on the bright side of cold sometimes you know.

2 comments:

  1. Very nicely done. Winter has yet to arrive down in Niagara. Glad to see that it stayed north of us.Nicely written to warn us of the pending cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, you're lucky it stayed North (with us). We've still got snow on the ground. I'm thinking Niagara would be a nice place to move ... I've heard much less snow than here in Milton.
    Thanks for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, say something...I don't mind