Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Painting a Pit Bull on Canvas by Pet Portrait Artist Julie Deans


This dog was just gorgeous, so I had to give it a whirl. The above is a new style that will be available for pet portraits. Acrylic on canvas or illustration board, this style is more about shape than detail, but really portrays the subject nicely.

This piece isn't quite done yet as I need to add a few more dark areas in the ears, and of course, my signature, but I had an itch to get it on the blog right away. And yes, I will have more samples soon, but baby E keeps cutting into (in a good way) my painting time.

So, if you're looking for an acrylic painting of your pet in this style, please feel free to contact me at julie@juliesillustration.com or check out my website for more details www.juliesillustration.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead, say something...I don't mind